We headed to the South Town Expo Center for the Days of '47 float preview.
Josie and Ian worked on some finger painting masterpieces.
We had a fun outing to a new splash pad and playground.
Then we headed to Red Butte on the morning of the 24th and enjoyed some clouds and scattered showers. It was nice that it wasn't so hot!
Then Brady and Kassia planned a big water balloon fight that the kids loved.
We've had friends over for lots of restaurants, bakeries, libraries, schools, and pioneer adventures.
Mazes and ...
crazy hopscotch courses have been drawn.
Head balancing is being perfected.
And the Olympics are being thoroughly enjoyed.
Our garden is going crazy and Ian vigilantly checks on it everyday. This day he found a circle cucumber.
Ian had his yearly check-up and is doing so well. He's 40.2 lbs (40%) and 43" (41%). Everything is looking good and he was adorable with the doctors and nurses. We were worried how he'd react to his kindergarten shots, but he was amazing! He laughed during the first one and was stoic while watching the needle during the other two. We thought this deserved some ice cream so here is our big boy showing his muscles.
He also just gave another primary talk which cracked us up because with a little prompting he came up with all these ideas himself, "Telling the truth is telling what really happened. Sometimes it is hard to tell the truth. Sometimes you’re afraid to tell the truth because you might get in trouble. But it’s always best to tell your mom and dad what really happened.
Sometimes my Mom makes me eat things I don’t like – like
bananas and potatoes. Sometimes I want
to tell her I took a bite when I didn’t.
It makes me feel blah if I lie to my Mom. Even though I don’t like eating that food, I
always feel better when I tell her the truth.
Samuel the Lamanite told the truth to the Nephites even when
it was hard and they were trying to shoot arrows at him. I know Heavenly Father always wants us to
tell the truth. In the name of Jesus
Christ, amen." (A pretty classy robot voice accompanied most of this talk after he got to say "blah!")
He's also really into the idea of triathlons and has been "working out" lately. Here we headed to the track where he did three laps. You've got to love how a visor is essential to a workout. Also, if you want to see him play all of his twinkles at piano group class so that he could earn his Twinkle Trophy, here's the goods. We hope everyone had a great July!



2 comments:
Hooray for Ian and the Twinkles triumph. So good to see the photos.
Love from Cedar,
Nana and Granddad
Oh my goodness! Kindergarten shots! He can't be that old! Your kids are so cute and SMART! Maybe THIS Christmas we'll finally be able to catch up with you guys!
Post a Comment