Sunday, October 14, 2007

Legs

This week was pretty uneventful, due to some family sickness. Poor Rachel had a little flu bug on Sunday and then she got sick again later in the week. Ian also had a little fever yesterday. Other than that, Justin's trip to Denver went really well and he was greatly missed by everyone at home! He thought that this conference on international and environmental legal issues was very interesting and it almost convinced him to actually be a lawyer. You may be thinking to yourself, "isn't he in law school? Don't people that go to law school plan on being attorneys?" But, Justin will not be limited by this conventional thinking. We'll all just have to wait and see what actually happens with his career.
Baby legs are so cute - especially when they're your own chubby baby's legs! We love his round head with squishy cheeks and his cute wrists and ankles with the extra rolls. Now, if only mommy fat was as adorable.
Ian is a avid thumb-sucker, which we've learned is a pretty great thing (okay, we probably won't think so when he's two but it's really nice now!).
Rachel has figured out that it's pretty fun to "do the hair" on her animals. Here she is giving her lamb an ear make-over.
Bridget left the kitchen for a couple of minutes and returned to Rachel sitting in her drum while she was playing with her play-doh. It might not look very comfortable, but she kept sitting in her drum during dinner as well! Oh, and these days pants are optional for Rachel since she usually sprints for the bathroom with about .5 seconds to spare!

3 comments:

Kate Nelson said...

Bridget, I love all your posts. Rachel is truly one of most unique children I have ever read about. Her imagination is so fun. She seems to keep you busy and laughing all day long. Ian is adorable and I wonder if he has Rachel's eyes. I think our kiddo's are about the same age (my last two, that is). If we ever lived by each other I'm sure our children would be the best of friends.

bluestocking23 said...

Oh my! Neddy Buttercup takes the cake...lovin' the thought of Justin decked out as a...pinecone? LOL I was admiring Cooper's rolly polly legs last night. Love it!

Joni said...

Hi Bridget it is Joni Lee. Your blog is so cute! You have the cutest kids. I totally agree that baby fat is the best! It lets you know that they are really doing okay.