Sunday, November 04, 2007

Hopscotch and Halloween

One of the beautiful days this week, we headed outside to play a mean game of hopscotch. As you can see, Rachel had tons of fun laying in the leaves (she was looking up at one of the great trees outside our home), sweeping the sidewalk, and playing the actual game. Check out her jumping skills!








Here's some of our fun friends that we went trick-or-treating with. We have two baby skeletons, a ladybug, cheerleader, zebra, ninja, and a monkey. Our baby was passing on the festivities due to his teething traumas this week (his first tooth finally broke through). What a diverse group!
Trick-or-treating was a blast this year! Rachel loved it and would run up to the doors to get the candy. It wasn't even that cold, so we definitely lucked out!
The best candy of the night was an "eyeball" - chocolate covered, of course. Here are Rachel and Justin being scared of the treat.
Here is our very happy Dorothy. We let her pig out the whole night (here she is with nerds dumped into her dress and she's already had a sucker and some chocolate). She had so much fun and was on a sugar high for about two days. That night she was so hyper, after we had her pj's on she was doing jumping jacks in her bedroom and running around and around in circles. But, to our surprise she hasn't asked for any candy since the big night. One night of over-indulgence isn't too bad!

3 comments:

The Mortensens said...

I LOVE these pictures of Rachel, what a doll! You have a very photogenic family! Sounds like you guys had a blast, what fun times! we really need to get together, I think I might buy that book you suggested, it sounds like one I would want to own.

Unknown said...

Rachel is adorable--she looks JUST like you!

Kate Nelson said...

I totally forgot about hopscotch. I love all your creative ways to play with your children. Most are inexpensive and leave lasting memories (I'm sure). It makes me want to shout out HORRAY for stay at home moms who play with their kids. :)