The week of performances started off with Rachel's first piano "recital". She has been taking lessons from an incredible Suzuki teacher in Smithfield since the first of the semester and has been doing a great job. We're mostly just doing little finger strengthening exercises and singing songs right now, but every week has been a fun experience. We didn't capture the actual event, but had her redo her performance for us. She very bravely did her best in front of her peers and made her mom and teacher very proud. Check out Rachel's version of "Lightning Row" (yes, it's really Lightly Row, but Rachel likes to make the title little more exciting). After she sings, she also shows off some of her dance moves in the clip - with a very tired Ian as an unwilling participant.
This week we were busy with a few performances around the Lee home. Our piano seems to be the favorite toy whenever friends come to play (our poor neighbors!) and here Ian is with his friend Kate playing some tunes.

For preschool this week the kids were learning about food and we were able to go on a tour of the grocery store to check out the different departments. The kids were pretty excited about the huge fridge, freezer, and especially the giant forklift. But, probably the best part was a delicious treat to top off the fun.

Ian enjoying his first donut.

Delicious! (Is the cheesy smile in the genes around here?)

Justin has always enjoyed working out, but lately he's had some added resistance in his routines.

We're excited that Bridget's cousin Paul and his family have moved here. They have very cute kids with a little girl Rachel's age and little boy only 4 days younger than Ian. Here are the girls showing off their pretty smiles.

To top off the week, Rachel participated in the much anticipated primary program for our ward. All the kids did a great job and we were so proud of how brave she was! She spoke clearly into the microphone and did a great job singing too. On a side note, we named the dress she wore the Von
Trapp outfit since Bridget made it out of excess material from our curtains.

It was a big Sunday for Ian too because it was his first week in the nursery! Our sweet boy did a great job and didn't cry at all. He was pretty bewildered during singing time, but loved the toys and didn't even make a peep when we left. Justin and Bridget are looking forward to enlightening meetings sans toddlers.

Grandma and Grandpa came up for the program and since we had a "flattering" picture of Grandma getting her hair done at the Rachel salon a few weeks ago, we thought we'd humiliate Grandpa too.
Despite the treatment they get when they visit, they keep coming back for more. They're good sports!
6 comments:
I love the Von Trapp dress. I didn't know you could sew like that! What can't you do, Bridget?
Love the singing and dancing. Great bow. We'll see you soon.
Love,
Mom
I love the video & the dress. So cute!
Boy - I've been missing out! What great fun ya'll have been having. The kids are getting SO big - glad to see Grandma and Grandpa are still getting their quality time. :) CUTE!
My computer has been wigging out and parts of any blogs I look at don't show up -- your blog archive NEVER came on for me until today! I had no idea that you had been posting for 3 months! You probably thought I never checked your blog (what a great friend I am)-- I feel like such a dork! All I have gotten to read is your cute little sayings on the side. So I had a lot of catching up to do -- but now I know if it doesn't come up for me, I will just keep refreshing the page until it does. I am really glad I got to see all your cute pictures and read all your fun stories -- I even saw a few partial Sammy and Nephi faces in some of them :) We sure love having you guys as neighbors!!
Hey, I saw you guys on GirlyDos! Don't you love that site! Nice to see Rachel have fun with hair! I do lots of her stuff with Lorelei's hair
Post a Comment