Monday, December 13, 2010

Events Not to be Matched

December is flying by and it feels like things have been pretty busy lately. Justin has been wrapping things up with school and successfully defended his thesis a week ago. He is heading up to Logan this week to finalize paperwork and then he will be the proud owner of a MA in Political Science. Other than that, he is also officially on the L.G.'s staff and things are going well at work too.Bridget was able to meet up with friends for a fun girls' weekend in celebration of Ally's success with her new YA novel, Matched (which is a really fun read and is gaining incredible reviews). It was so fun to go to her launch party and she is handling all of the attention really well. As always she is beautiful, charming, witty, and poised and we're so proud of her and her well-deserved success! It was fun to see author Shannon Hale at the party and to spend a fun (and not-at-all-restful) night with great friends.

Rachel and Ian are busy as usual with all kinds of projects these days. One day we made some "mailboxes" which have been a hit and Rachel made this cute little gingerbread house at school. Even though it looks like she's gagging, we're pretty sure she was saying it was edible.
Here is our little troll boy, courtesy of a too small turtleneck.
Josie is joining the circus with her version of a handstand.
We met up with Justin after work one day to see the beautiful lights at Temple Square.

With our warm weather lately, it was probably our most temperate visit yet.
Last week Rachel's school had a Polar Express party! Our girl was so thrilled to be able to wear her pajamas to school and they had a really fun day.
We also headed up to the University for the gymnastics preview for the year. Swoop was the clear favorite of the night and Ian even suggested making him part of the family and bringing him home. Josie was absolutely enthralled with the bird as well.
Rachel learned a thing or two from the gymnasts that night.
Josie is getting quite the little (or should we say big?) personality. She knows what she wants these days and is not afraid to let her feelings be loudly known. She was delighted to obtain these stylish shades and hair pick from Rachel. Funny girl.

6 comments:

Nicole Anderson said...

So fun! Congrats to both of you on Justin finishing! I'm hoping for a similar end next semester :D your kids continue to be adorable and I continue to LOVE reading your blog!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finishing the Master's degree. We love your photo on the Lt. Governor's site. Great achievements.

Robyn said...

Congratulations Justina and Bridget on finishing the Master's degree.

It was fun to briefly see you during Thanksgiving and at the launch party hopefully next time won't be so brief.

And I'm a little jealous of the gymnastic meet. Del and I are going to miss going to them regularly but plan to come up for at least one.

McCallisters said...

How fun to see pictures of all the girls! Robyn is an adorable prego lady. All the YW in my ward are talking about "Match." I can't wait to read it. It would have been fun to be there--maybe for the next one. In the meantime, off to Alaska for Christmas! And congratulations to Justin!

Unknown said...

So, I just put it together that "Matched" is the same book I just read and LOVED and you know the author -- how awesome! I loved the book so much that I mailed it to Debra the day I finished (which was the day after I got it...) because she just HAD to read it! Now I'm just sad I have to wait to finish the trilogy...

Debra Hawkins said...

There is one bad thing about Matched. That I have to wait to read the other books. :(. I loved it, looks like it was a fun!