Monday, September 29, 2008

The Attack of the Crazy Week

This week flew by with lots of fun and busy things. One evening Bridget was greeted by... a Rachel monster! Even though this is a blurry shot, hopefully you can get a taste of the terror at the Lee home when Rachel tries to be scary (with Dad's help of course).
And, the fashion shows have also continued this week with this choice ensemble. Rachel got herself dressed for a walk (doing the buttons on her sweater as well - no one side is not tucked in) in this nice sweater, velvet paints, green socks, sparkly shoes outfit. And based on the last month or two, the pose is here to stay!
We hosted preschool this week and talked about colors. It was busy, but very fun and one of our color mixing activities was mixing plain gelatin in the primary colors to form the secondary colors. This activity was great because it was pretty much the only time they were excited to be sitting down still and it kept their hands busy too. (For the activity details, check out Color in a Bag).
Showing off their work.
One early morning Justin was letting Ian play with his phone and he just sat like a little king on our bed "talking" to his subjects.
What a cutie!

We also checked out the Nora Eccles Museum of Art on campus with our friends. It was a fun little museum and they had this great exhibit of wooden shoes that play 20 different songs (after putting a quarter in, little mallets inside the shoes sound to make the music).
The highlight of the week was an amazing 4th birthday party for Rachel's friend Gordon. She has been so excited about his "machine" party since she has gotten the invitation and it certainly exceeded her wild expectations. Balloons, beanbags, painting, pin the tail, candy, cupcakes, and much more later and we had one VERY excited girl. There were tons of cute pictures from this party, but I had to choose this one because the pose strikes again. Rachel kept telling Gordon's Dad, "this is the best party I've ever been to." Thanks so much Kjars!
Bridget's highlight of the week - okay semester? - was a very fun girls weekend in Salt Lake. She met some great friends from high school and missed others (especially birthday-girl Jane and Robyn who was very busy with a move, and Summer), but it was incredible to get together with those that could be there. Between Elaine's organization and Brooke's generosity and planning we were able to have ample amounts of talking, laughing, eating, and shopping (oh, and did I mention talking?). The participants of the fun were (left to right), Libby, Bridget, Ally with her darling baby Truman, Jenny, Martene with cute Brooklyn, Elaine, and Brooke.

We topped off the fun by attending the Women's Session of General Conference in the Conference Center. It is always Bridget's favorite meeting of the year and this one certainly didn't dissappoint. It was a great time and it was so nice to be able to catch up with all these talented, beautiful, and amazingly fun girls. Thanks everyone!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Did you see Holli at women's conference? She was there with gals from her ward.

I'm starting to plan a trip in my head for a weekend in Logan. We'll let you know if we come up to see all our Logan friends!

McCallisters said...

FUN!!!

I wish I could have been there! We had a fun weekend with Spencer's mom stopping in on her way from Alaska to Egypt and putting on a fantastic primary program, but I would have loved to be there. I'm so jealous you got to go to the conference center. How did you get that hook up? You are all so cute. I love Libby's dress. Did you happen to ask her where she found it?

I also love the Rachel Monster and the King of the Phone.

Libby said...

Hmm, those pictures look strangely familiar! I am so excited to be hooked up on your blog now! Yea! We will be great blogging friends.

Your kids look darling and I especially love the Rachelle monster. That is hilarious.

Is the comment above mine from Robyn or Jame? I don't recognize the last name. Tell her I got my dress from Down East Outfitters for super cheap!

*Katie* said...

So fun! Abbie loved preschool, and the Rachel monster is hilarious! She's so cute! I'm glad you had a girls weekend -- those are so nice!

Robyn said...

Looks like so much fun. I'm bummed I didn't make it. Too much craziness. It's been way too long since I saw everyone. We'll have to do it another one and I promise not to move!