The much-anticipated event finally arrived this week: snow! Even though we had a little bit of snow before it was too cold for Ian to go out. But, this week we had a great day that was sunny with a little snow on the ground. In true overprotective fashion, the kids were totally bundled up to play in an inch. Ian was trilled and kept saying, "snow, woah..."

Rachel totally in her element. She ran out and made a snow angel, snow path, and a delicious batch of "snowball soup." We can't wait for the next snowfall so we can go sledding.

Two happy kids.

Christmas is in the air and we had to pin Rachel down on the present she wanted from Santa (since it had been changing about five times a day). She spent some serious time and decided that she wanted an Ariel Barbie with pony the most (with some pretty exciting interchangeable hair jewels). A letter was written so that our girl would be locked into a present choice. Also, this "special" outfit hasn't made it onto the blog yet, but it's called her Belle dress and usually makes an appearance a few times a week. Stunning, we know.

Here was the end result. If you look closely, she wrote the words in random order, "Santa I want a Ariel doll and pony, Rachel." It is currently on the way to the North Pole via USPS.

This week for preschool we headed off to the Logan City Police Station for a tour and to learn all about safety. It was really interesting and upon seeing the handcuffs, Rachel informed the officer, "I'm never going to do anything dangerous so I don't have to wear those." Yeah, we certainly hope so!

We even had a birthday girl, Morgan, in our group. It was
a lot of fun to be with our friends!
The police station showered these kids with fun coloring books, stickers, stencils, pencils, etc. During our "safety day" Rachel pretended to be Officer Rachel to teach us all about safety. Check out some of her newly-found knowledge in this little video.
2 comments:
They just get cuter and cuter. :) I'm a little jealous of your snow but hopefully we'll get some soon!
I can't wait to see you guys out in the snow so we can join you in the fun! I love the Officer Rachel video, I feel safer having her as a neighbor.
Post a Comment