Sunday, March 22, 2009

Here Comes the Sun!

We are so happy to finally have some beautiful weather after a long winter (even though it's predicted to snow again tonight). The kids have been thrilled to be able to play outside and we've been really busy playing with friends and going back to our favorite parks after a long winter hiatus. It seems that in all of the week's activities, there was a serious shortage of pictures, but we did have a great time with a visit from Parker, Kelli, and Payton, fun playgroups, and a trip to the toy store for a great "Books and Buddies" activity. Here's a picture of Rachel and Ian with some ice cream sandwiches on a little family picnic. Ian would surprisingly have none of it and Rachel took one bite before she went off to play. I guess that sun-filled playtime beats out even the best of ice cream treats.

Ian loves the book Blue Hat, Green Hat, which shows a silly turkey putting things on wrong. Here he is after reading it putting his shirt on his legs and thinking he's hilarious.
Rachel decided her room needed a trap to keep out any potential monsters in the night. So, she came up with this device that she dubbed a "crossline". She's demonstrating how artfully it captures unsuspecting victims.
Rachel gave her first official talk in Primary today and did a great job. She was talking about how our many families can help us and so we made this little flower with our family members and she drew herself in the middle. She actually dictated a really cute message that she did a great job delivering and since this is our family journal, you'll have to put up with it being written here. "The people in my family help me by helping me find things. They help me feel safe and happy. They help me do what I’m supposed to do. They help teach me. They help me get a testimony. I’m glad Heavenly Father gave me such a good family so that I can be better. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

3 comments:

McCallisters said...

That brown grass totally reminds me of Utah. It's weird here because the grass is green year round. Sometimes I forget that it's still winter a lot of places. I'm glad that sun came out for you guys and that you could get some park time. Rachel's talk is really cute.

Catherine said...

It seems like you guys have so much fun in your house. We are going to have to come over sometime and share the fun.

Shae said...

What a sweet talk! I am amazed at how much your kids are growing up! I'm sad we don't live closer so our kids can play!