Sunday, April 26, 2009

Play by Play

We've finally had some nice weather this week (until it started snowing again yesterday!), so it seems like we've mostly been playing outside and trying to soak up the sun. Poor Ian is just as accident prone as ever and at one of Rachel's soccer games he fell down a concrete step and gave himself quite a head injury. One morning Bridget came into the room and found the dare devil watching a show like this. We wonder why he keeps getting hurt.

Rachel was very excited to wear her new "Madeline" dress that Grandma gave her. Thank you!
Ian is not only living on the edge these days, he is also getting more and more independent. He insists on picking his own clothes and trying to get himself dressed. This was his finished product one morning when the clothes we originally put on weren't to his liking.
We had a great windy day in the middle of the week and the kids tried out their fun kites that Nana and Grandad brought them from China. They were the perfect size and they had a blast. Thank you!
Here Ian is showing his famous smile and dragging his kite along.
We headed up the canyon one morning to feed the birds. There were ducks, geese, and seagulls. Rachel's favorite were the gulls, which she named Scuttle and Lily. It was great to be outside.
Rachel's picture of the first bird.
Rachel's shot of Bridget and Ian.
If we'd let her, she would have stayed there all day.
One of Ian's hand-picked outfit. Styling, we know.
Not only is there delicious Aggie ice cream in Logan, but Bridget and some friends tried out another great place in Providence called Caspers. It was a really fun get-together for Tera's birthday and it fed Bridget's favorite pregnancy (or anytime) craving.

2 comments:

Tera said...

I'm super impressed with Rachel's photography skills. I am so glad that the weather is finally cooperating for such fun outdoor activities!

Thanks again for the fun girls' night. I had so much fun!

Catherine said...

Poor Ian! Everytime I see him on the playground, I fear for his life -- but you have to admit, he really is the luckiest kid! I have seen him escape some real pickles!

Sad I missed the Tera Party... I hate it that Ben has to work EVERY weekend!